Lauren I. Freidenberg is an associate attorney at McMurray Henriks, LLP. Lauren primarily focuses her attention on civil rights litigation. Lauren’s cases include wrongful death, excessive force, and violations of the Fourth, Fifth, Eighth, and Fourteenth Amendments against state and federal law enforcement officers/agencies. Lauren’s other practice areas include employment law, medical malpractice, personal injury, and general civil litigation.
Prior to working at McMurray Henriks, LLP, Lauren was an associate attorney at a renowned law firm in San Diego that specialized in high-profile, complex civil rights and criminal cases in state and federal courts. Prior to that, Lauren clerked at the San Diego Alternate Public Defender’s Office and at the University of San Diego School of Law’s Small Claims Clinic, which provides service to low-income residents throughout numerous San Diego communities. Lauren served as the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair for the San Diego Lawyer Chapter for the American Constitutional Society for Law and Policy, and was an active member of Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego and the San Diego Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild. Lauren also served on the Executive Board of the Coalition of San Diegans for Justice, a community-based coalition that advocated for law enforcement accountability and public trust.
Lauren is originally from Seattle, Washington. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, running, and traveling.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., B.A.
- Los Angeles Chapter National Lawyer Guild, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, Member
Admitted to Practice
- California State Court
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California